The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is a lightweight carpet cleaner that packs in a lot of cleaning power that rivals Hoover’s most popular SteamVac F5914-900. As Hoover’s newest (since Oct 2012) addition to its line of upright carpet cleaners, it incorporates an updated and streamlined design that makes it lightweight and very easy to operate.
Does it deliver? In this review, we will cover it’s main features and benefits, what users’ like best, customer reviews, and how it compares to other best rated carpet cleaning machines for home use.
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 Features & Benefits
SpinScrub® Technology – The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 incorporates Hoover’s tested and proven Spin Scrub technology. The brushes spin in a counter-rotating 360 degree manner to clear out the most difficult pet and high traffic stains embedded in the carpet. This level of deep cleaning is not possible with traditional systems with brushes that can only roll in limited angles.
Removable brushheads – After each cleaning, the brushes can be easily dismantled so hair and other debris caught in them can be cleared out. This allows for easy maintenance. Users can easily keep the brushes in excellent condition for many cleanings to come.
Great Horsepower – The machine operates on 10 amps of power. This is high and is just a tad less than what a professional grade machine like the Rug Doctor runs on.
Light Weight – The machine weighs about 19 lbs. This is the lightest weight for a machine in its class. Yet it packs enormous cleaning power. It has a great cleaning path of 11.25 inches, similar to the Hoover Steamvac Carpet Cleaner With Clean Surge F5914-900.
Clean & Dirty Water Tanks Separated – This allows for easier filling and change of water. There are no hassles with the water mixing up.
Hot Water Cleaning – Users like the choice to use hot water for cleaning as it allows for better cleaning effectiveness.
Separate Detergent Compartment/ Rinse Only Mode – This makes it easy to rinse off the carpets anytime after cleaning them with detergent. There is no need to refill an entire tank of water without detergent just to do rinsing. For pet owners and parents of children, it makes them feel safer that the carpets have less soap chemicals left over.
Lots of Handtools – The package comes with a wide array of hand tools for cleaning out every corner of the home, upholstery, plus car upholstery and rugs. Besides a powered SpinScrub hand tool, there are also an upholstery tool, crevice tool and stair tool. In addition, users like the flexibility of the 8 foot hose included. The tools are easy to attach and put in action as well. There is even a mesh storage bag to keep all the hand tools in to be conveniently placed or hang in the store room.
Long cord length – The power cord is 20 feet long. This allows for lots of cleaning to be done without having to unplug and move.
2 Year Warranty – There is a 2 year limited warranty offered by Hoover. Hoover has authorized service centers around the country and they are good about supporting their warranty.
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 Review
Superior Cleaning Performance
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 rates highly in cleaning performance. One user compared it to the Rug Doctor, and he said he was able to obtain similar results, but was pleased that this machine cost so much less. A number of pet owners with horrendous stains also speak highly of the cleaning results provided.
Whether it was a pet poop accident, juice or coffee stains, the SpinScrub technology incorporated in this machine has been known to work wonders. Here are some comments from user reviews: “made a world of difference,” “high traffic areas sprang back life,” “took out the entire stain on my off white carpet.” For it’s outstanding cleaning performance, we have ranked it the #2 machine on the Carpet Cleaning Machines reviews page.
Easy To Assemble & Use – Updated Design & Engineering
The Hoover Power Scrubber is easy to assemble and handling is convenient and smooth. The water tanks are easy to fill and drain as well. As the newest Hoover model, it benefits from the feedback from previous models and the knowledge base of Hoover engineers. Sometimes, the upgrading of features and design can still miss the mark. However, since the release of this model in late 2012, customer reviews have been overwhelmingly positive in regards to how reliable and easy this machine is.
Owners of older Hoover carpet cleaning machines sometimes have problems snapping the tank and lid in perfect alignment, and this has led to complaints of leakages. This does not seem to be a problem here anymore.
Carpets Dry Fast
Carpets dry really fast after users wash their carpets with this machine. The actual time varies; a number of users reviewing the product point out that it took about 2 to 3 hours on average. The Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 has a mechanism that passes hot air to the carpet, helping it to dry faster. The machine also includes Hoover’s Max Extract DualV Nozzle Technology that adds suction power to pull up the water in the carpets.
This carpet shampooer is lightweight and compact for its class of machines, making it easy to move around and store. It weighs less than 19 lbs, which is the lightest machine you will find for a the class of home deep carpet cleaners. Many users like that the machine maneuvers easily, and it is also less intimidating to roll out and put to use. It is great for multi-storey homes.
Ready for clean carpets?
Comparisons With Other Best Rated Hoover Carpet Cleaners
As mentioned earlier, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is a new addition to the line of Hoover carpet cleaners. The design and construction of this model has clearly addressed some of the less popular characteristics of older models. Compared to other popular Hoover carpet cleaner models, here are some of the pros and cons to take note of:
- Easy to use – Assembling the machine, as well as snapping in the tanks are easy. The brushes are removable for easier maintenance. Feedback and reviews from customer indicate that this model is probably the easiest to use compared to the Hoover SteamVac and Max Extract models.
- Good construction – The machine has a streamlined design and all parts fit well. It looks sturdy and well-built.
- Lightweight – This machine weighs about 19 lbs, the lightest of all regular Hoover home carpet cleaning machines with similar cleaning power.
- Best Handtools – Of all the Hoover home carpet cleaners, this one has the best and most complete assortment of tools. Everything can be cleaned well: from crevices, to stairs and nooks, sofas and other upholstery, to car upholstery and car mats.
- Smaller capacity – The flipside of it being a lighter weight cleaner is that it has less capacity. It has a similar water tank capacity and path width coverage to the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900, but is smaller than the Max Extract models like the Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro.
- Costs more – The Power Scrub Deluxe FH50150 costs about $40 more than the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900 that is older but very popular.
- No multiple brush speeds – The machine operates on only 1 speed. Most users do not find this an issue, but we are noting this in the review in case some readers want to know.
Check out the Best Carpet Cleaners For Home Comparison Chart for a side-by-side comparison.
Things To Lookout For
1. Be sure to review the manual provided. There are lots of helpful guidance and tips provided in the manual to help users get the maximum mileage out of their cleaning machine. The Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 is more user friendly and fun to read than manuals for earlier machines. It also includes lots of pictures for illustration.
2. Clean the brusheads. Take a little time to clean the brushes after you are done with the carpet cleaning. The brushhead assembly can be easily removed. You can then run the brushes under running water to clean out the debris. This ensures that hair and other debris does not hamper the movement of the brushes in the next cleaning.
3. Use Hoover branded detergent. Hoover recommends using their company branded cleaning detergent for use with this cleaner. This ensures optimal performance for the cleaner, as well as prevent the possibilities of damage to the machine. According to the user manual, the recommended cleaning solutions for the Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer are:
Hoover PetPlus Concentrated Cleaning Solution (For pet owners or heavily soiled carpets)
Hoover CLEANPLUS 2X Concentrated Carpet and Deodorizer Cleaning Solution (For regular cleaning)
Should you buy the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150?
If you need a machine that gets soiled carpets really clean and is very easy to use, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150 will address that. It includes the best features of previous models that users have found the most helpful for cleaning performance. It also incorporates an updated design that makes it straightforward to handle, even more so than the most popular Hoover SteamVac F5914-900.
Overall, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer is the best choice if you are looking for superior cleaning performance, easy handling, convenient carpet rinsing and handtools that will reach all nooks and corners.
Ready for clean carpets?
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Customer Reviews
“My husband and I were discussing buying new carpet for our home, but with cost of his medical school tuition, new carpet was not in our budget. After researching many different brands and models, I am so grateful that we purchased the Hoover FH50150! I vacuum a few times a week, and mop every other day, and I can’t believe how much dirt came off my carpets. This carpet cleaner is so powerful and the attachments are very easy to use. I recommend this carpet cleaner … Give this machine a chance to wow you and you’ll be happy that you did!!!” AVeryHappyWife on Macys.com
“I bought this machine yesterday and have it once and can already tell a difference! I live in a house with my husband TWO dogs under a year old & have two toddlers of my own. Every room in our small home is carpeted except the kitchen and bathroom so you can imagine all the high traffic stains. My favorite features are how easy it is to clean! You can take the brush off, the clear face plate and the water tanks….” mmm0210 on Hoover.com
“I bought this machine to clean after hurricane Hazel ( shes my dog ) tore through my house. Lets just say that after chewing up a full 2 liter of cola her bowels were not happy. This machine was easy to assemble and easy to setup. It cleaned my house better that the professionals I hired to clean up before we moved in. The good, I like the suction, I like the removable and replaceable scrub heads and I like the large water capacity. The waste water tank is very easy to clean and is sturdy. The bad, I really feel like i’m nit picking here but I would like to see maybe a little bit more power out of the powered hand cleaner. It uses the suction of the machine to run the bristles and if you have a deep stain on stairs it will take a long time to remove it. overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and recommend it to anyone.” bmmrtek on Hoover.com
For additional comparisons, look at the List of Best 5 Machines on the Carpet Cleaning Machines Reviews page.